[onerng talk] [SOLVED] Using OneRNG

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Mon Nov 2 10:15:55 GMT 2020

On Monday, 2 November 2020 11:04:10 PM NZDT onerng wrote:
> I have failed to get it to work in Vmware and Linux (probably me). MS have
> stated that USB devices will not work under current WSL with no timescale
> for when it will. However I can use it for what I want to do under Windows,
> using it as a serial device. I  the "dimming" doesn't happen for me which I
> admit did fool me for a while. Strangely I did notice the led blinked when
> I opened the serial device under Windows. Perhaps an update to
> documentation about installing driver under Windows 10. Of course signing
> the driver would be best but that is probably not worth the effort.

I actually do much of my debug under vmware (so I can test different distros),
you need to click on the little icon in the bottom right corner of the window
to attach the device to the particular VM

I will be releasing a new set of the linux startup script, it's been taking a
lot longer than I expected, it gets around the issues caused by the recent
changes to the kernel (and python versions on new systems) - would people be
interested in an early preview posted here?

	Paul