[onerng talk] More (mis)understandings of entropy?

Andy Smith andy-onlinegroups.net at strugglers.net
Fri Oct 11 09:44:07 BST 2019

Hello,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 05:59:13AM +1300, bsr wrote:
> >Actually, the whole getrandom() infrastructure in Linux seems to be
> >imploding into uselessness ...
> >
> >https://daniel-lange.com​/archives​/152​-hello​-buster​.html
>
> Thanks for this.  I would like to note that there is a link on that page to a discussion among Linux devs - it is worthwhile reading the entire thread.
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-ext4/20190910042107.GA1517@darwi-home-pc/

I did some tests in virtual machines with various settings of RDRAND
and access (over the network) to an EntropyKey. I have some OneRNGs
too but not deployed there (yet), so I was not able to test with
those. It'd be interesting to me to see what the timings are like
with OneRNG.

    http://strugglers.net/~andy/blog/2019/07/11/experiments-with-rdrand-and-entropykey/

Cheers,
Andy