Chaoskey presentation at LCA2017

bsr presspound at buckeye-access.com
Fri Jun 16 17:29:14 BST 2017

Peter, you are absolutely correct that the human brain can be prone to finding what it perceives to be patterns when none actually exist, being "fooled by randomness," but after a quick visual inspection of that noisy image on the right it is clearly not composed of random data - I wouldn't even bother running any statistical analysis.  If the data was actually random then it would represent a statistical outlier of unheard of proportions and yet it somehow passed Dieharder which makes me question the methods employed.  I'm not being critical of what you wrote because you are correct.  I'm simply questioning the methods currently used in testing for randomness.