[onerng talk] Normal Board Temperature?

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Fri Jun 12 00:46:54 BST 2015

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 11:41:14 Craig Ruff wrote:
> I just recieved my Kickstarter reward board, and it appears to be working
> fine.  I noticed that the board is running rather warmly.  I measured a
> temperature of 140ºF with an IR thermometer.  Is this expected?

we had a lot of fluffing around in China with the voltage up converter in the
RNG - we had to replace a bad part, and this part was the only working one we
were able to find under pressure - it does run hot, not just yours, so far
we've seen nothing fail as a result (if anything it will help with temp
stability on the RNG generator)

If you do see a failure (the orange light will flash about once a second) I'll
happily replace your board

	Paul