[onerng talk] review of RNGs

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 18:08:30 BST 2015

Also, while this is minor, your password methods on the site are too
stringent, requiring an upper case, lower case, digit, and a symbol.  This
means I will forget it each time I login, and I will have to go through the
password recovery process each time.  I suspect I am in the majority.

Strong password rules like this don't work.  Password entropy will remain
typically below 26 bits of strength.  Unless you're doing something at
least as strong as Scrypt for a good fraction of a second, you're not going
to be able to protect those password hashes in the case of a database leak
anyway.  Additional protections are required.  Once in place, the need for
ultra-difficult to remember passwords is reduced.

Bill