[onerng talk] BOM Information

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 16:07:46 GMT 2015

I think miniaturizing this particular TRNG is not a great idea.  Doing it
well while preserving the high quality analog layout would require more
metal layers, hiding traces, making it harder to verify.  As Paul said,
this device is over-engineered from an analog point of view, which is one
reason I feel comfortable with his old-school Vbe breakdown noise source.

I think a next-gen version (maybe for 2016?) could be quite a bit smaller,
but that would require a different noise source.  I've been advocating for
a different source for some time :-)

Bill