[onerng talk] OpenMoko or Moonbase Otago?

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.net
Sat Dec 5 01:47:40 GMT 2015

Paul can supply the complete story if I miss any important detail, but
basically the OpenMoko project claimed a range of USB identifiers when it
started up, hoping to become a major device manufacturer.
Now that has not been realised, they have opened the use of their USB
Vendor ID to open hardware projects, as per
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_Product_IDs

A project has to formally request space in their table; we have "Vendor ID
0x1d50 Product ID 0x6086 OneRNG entropy device <http://onerng.info/>"

So you're right, Vendor ID 0x1d50 is and should be OpenMoko.

-jim