[onerng talk] LED goes off

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Wed Apr 15 12:23:01 BST 2015

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:40:13 wess wrote:
> after disabling the firmeware test the device is working correct, Thanks
>
> But now i am a bit confused, on the page http://onerng.info/onerng/ i read
> the following:
>
> "Both the V1.0 and V2.0 units being shipped currently come with the V3.0
> signed firmware. These are intended to be used with the V3.1 Host Software.
> (Beta-test users have the V1.0 hardware, but unsigned V0.0, V1.0 or V2.0
> firmware, and therefore have to be careful with their Host Software
> verification settings) "
>
> I interpred this as the normal V1.0 hardware version has an singed firmware
> and only the V1.0Beta hardware has an unsigned firmware. Is this correct?
> It was not clear for me that i have an V1.0 Beta hardware. Do you ship any
> beta hardware to europe? Or has someone changed the firmware on the way to
> europe?

I think I may have misunderstood, I thought you meant were one of my original
beta testers with v1 firmware (rather than a V1.0 board).

The 3.1 support code should work with both version 1 and 3 firmware, provided
you disable the firmware validity check

Some users have reported a problem with the python script that does the check
(in particular ord() calls) - this is my crap python and we're looking for a
portable fix - this may be the failure you're seeing

We'll have a scheduled 3.2 release out by the weekend  with a bunch o other
fixes we'll try and get a fix for this problem into that release

	Paul