[onerng talk] Firmware verification failed, on move to other system

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Sun Apr 19 22:57:13 BST 2015

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 06:46:01 James Cameron wrote:
> Apr 20 06:34:51 tv OneRNG: firmware verification failed: Bad image (expected
262144 but got 128182)
> Apr 20 06:38:45 tv OneRNG: firmware verification failed: Bad image (expected
262144 but got 132613)
> Apr 20 06:39:56 tv OneRNG: firmware verification failed: Bad image (expected
262144 but got 130920)

do you have some other program in your system that might be going out and
poking at the device - (possibly a copy of rngd or a still running 'dd' from a
previous experiment?)

We used to see issues like this from modem_manager which wants to own any tty
device you plug in and try and initialise it as a network connection - our
current udev entry should stop this from happening

	Paul