LCA2015 "OneRNG - An Open and Verifiable hardware random number generator"

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.net
Mon Sep 1 02:55:43 BST 2014

I proposed a talk to the LCA2015 conference titled "OneRNG - An Open and
Verifiable hardware random number generator" and it has been accepted :-)

So now of course I have to write the thing! Hopefully Paul will be able to
co-present.

At this stage I have plans to cover far too much material, as usual,
starting from quantum uncertainty and working up from there ... :-)

However, the submitted abstract said :
"""
Announced at LCA2014, the NZ-based OneRNG project has created an affordable
and verifiable Open Hardware and Open Source entropy generator and RNG,
presented as a USB device.
In this presentation the creators of the project will demo the device, and
discuss the hardware, firmware and OS software. We will also cover trust,
distrust and paranoia.
"""

so perhaps I should just stick to that!

-jim