install & access

ianG iang at iang.org
Tue Oct 28 10:29:45 GMT 2014

Now that we're getting close to production runs, and as I haven't paid
attention, what is the situation for us lot in user-land?

My ideal scenario is that you plug it in and it exposes a device of some
form, either a 'disk file' or a tty.  That's because those are easy to
deal with in a script or program.

Related question is whether a driver or program needs to be installed.
That is a significant cost to use, and I'd encourage exploring ways to
get around that, but not sure what they are as yet.

Apologies if off the wall...

iang