[onerng talk] Putting Inf Noise on Tindie in non-competitive way?

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Tue Oct 28 19:00:18 GMT 2014

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014 11:04:48 Bill Cox wrote:
> I would like to get a few INMs in user's hands in a non-competitive way
> relative to OneRNG, which I feel has stronger engineering behind it.  I was
> thinking of reverting back to the edge-connecetor USB hack, no contact
> plating, some glued plastic on the back to make it thicker so it wont fall
> out of the USB port, no USB housing or shielding, and going back to the
> large exposed vias which make easy probe points.  This would allow geeks to
> become familiar with the architecture without having a competing FOSS TRNG
> out there ready for prime-time usage in real commercial systems.  I can
> also put a promotional OneRNG blurb on my web site, recommending OneRNG for
> any actual cryptographic needs.
>
> Would this be OK?

It's not for me to stop you - it would be nice if you waited until after xmas
to give us a chance to get our kickstarter out of the way :-)

	Paul

PS: I didn't mention it before but you might also want to make it a little
wider  with a step so that there's a positive stop when you plug the board in
- like on our programmer:

http://www.moonbaseotago.com/cheaprf/programmer1/programmer1.html