[onerng talk] Putting Inf Noise on Tindie in non-competitive way?

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 13:06:59 GMT 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 7:55 AM, ianG <iang at iang.org> wrote:

> One question:  how does it look to software?  I'm not in a position to
> do any device driver writing, or mucking around with Linux kernels...
> I'm using MacOSX and writing from Java so I essentially want either a
> tty or a file device surfaced so I can read the thing directly from
> userland.
>

> iang

Just let me know where to mail it.  Off-list email would be fine.  I'm
waywardgeek at gmail.com.

It uses a common USB chip (FTDI FT240X), so the driver is already available
for Mac OS-X.  You just run a user-space C program I wrote to access it,
since the open-source libftdi has a C API.  From Java, I would just launch
it with stdio communication, which I've found to be reliable.  You control
whether I turn the Keccak whitener on with command a line parameter.  It
just spits binary data at you over stdout and blocks until you read it.
stderr is used for debug and error reporting.

I just got three boards from OSH Park that fit into the USB key housing.
If you don't mind, I'll mail you a new one as soon as I assemble it.  I
think I'll let you snap the USB housing in place, so it will come in three
pieces: board, top shell, and bottom shell.

Bill