Attn beta users

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Wed Nov 5 08:19:41 GMT 2014

With last week's sudden interest I got a lot of beta requests, more than I can
fulfil - before I ship any more I've completed a final firmware release - mostly
this involves a signed firmware image and linux support software to verify it.

I've also fixed a bunch of linux side bugs to do with startup and shutdown -
dealing with buggy udev implementations

If you're an existing Linux beta user (prior to Nov 2014) then you have a unit
containing unsigned firmware if you use the latest firmware it will log a
failure and not start up rngd. If things are working you don't need to upgrade
anything, if you have reliability issues (none of you have reported anything)
starting up when you insert the OneRNG then you should upgrade. Of course we'd
appreciate you doing so and testing this latest release.

If you do have an unsigned unit and you choose to use this new Linux support
software (or any future firmware) you need to disable the boot time firmware
validation check, you can do this by editing /etc/onerng.conf

If you're waiting for a beta unit, I'll finalise the list and ship them
tomorrow.

	Paul