RNG designs

iang iang at iang.org
Fri Jan 31 07:16:48 GMT 2014

I think in terms of 1,2,3 and mixing and so forth, there are two answers:

1.  Ideally, I would treat the device as two separate Collectors and read it the diode part separately from the RF stream.

2.  But from an engineering perspective I'd just be annoyed at having to twice the amount of work, twice the threads, twice the potential for trouble.  I'd probably just end up reading the interleaved stream and having one Collector.

3. On the supply side however, you're likely to be criticized strongly for only offering the one direction.  So having the interleaves (3) and the separate feeds (1,2) is the way to go.

4.  I personally would be happy to see interleaving of the bytes.  It's not even necessary to balance out the quantities, as long as there is some feel for what is happening.

That's just my thoughts, for now.