[onerng talk] RNG designs

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Sun Feb 2 07:27:12 GMT 2014

On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 14:39:31 Jim Cheetham wrote:
> If the streams come from different /dev/tty devices that wouldn't
> matter; but as it stands if we default to delivering the mixed feed
> that makes us useful; people wanting to look at the individual sources
> are not going to be able to continue consuming data for their OS at
> the same time anyway.

yes I'd prefer that the default behaviour did something useful (ie it's a
stream the drng will consume without complaint) even if it's not 'perfect' in
some form - personally I think the RF noise source is somewhat more "suspect",
I don't think it should be part of the default

> This is all software/firmware we're talking about, isn't it?

firmware (we can't really change this for most users after we ship)  - so far
I'm not planning on writing any host side software (other than maybe a udev
script)

	Paul