[onerng talk] RNG designs

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Sun Feb 2 11:12:26 GMT 2014

On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 13:49:22 ianG wrote:
>(Which reminds me, I think I saw somewhere that linux expects the
>additional devices to pop up on /dev/rand/xxx or some such convention.
>I have no idea how that happens tho.)

that means you have to write your own linux side driver - again I'm trying to
avoid host software, there are existing drivers for usb serial (the cdc/acm
drivers I'm using) in Linux/windows/Macs

> Ah.  This is the script that creates the device nodes.  Got it.  Oh,
> deep dark memories coming back...

well that plus you can use such a script to run drng (or whatever entropy
feeder you want to use) on the correct device (because you get a different
/dev/ttyACMx name each time you plug a device in)

	Paul