design decision questions

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.net
Sun Dec 28 22:09:37 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd,

Paul is best placed to talk about the detailed hardware decisions, and as he is travelling at the moment his Internet access opportunities are limited; so expect a delay in answering your specific points.

>From a higher level though, OneRNG's current version is based on hardware that Paul was already familiar with, that would have an uncomplicated firmware, and was cheap to manufacture so that we spend time debugging the manufacturing process instead of the hardware :-)

However, seeing as the current version is very popular, I'd like to consider some alternative approaches - remembering of course that we will still prefer to use simple components in order to get closer to verifiability.

"More sources" and "different sources" seems to be the common theme, and I'd be happy to see what we can do to get there, once the current version is done.

-jim