[chbot] Chchrobotics Digest, Vol 197, Issue 13

Volker Kuhlmann list57 at top.geek.nz
Thu Feb 22 05:24:18 GMT 2024

> Jaycar have refunded my money and said they have sold 30 with no
> complaints.

People never complain, especially about low value stuff where the time
to complain isn't worth it. Are you noticing how the number of
complaints has become a performance indicator?

> I have had two fail and out of the thirty. I think it would be
> statistically significant.

Yes. I would like to know where Jaycar get their parts from. Are they
buying on alibaba now? Would a quality manufacturer have a 7% failure
rate? From memory the old 78xx had a 5V 5% supply requirement, the 7805
of the time would have had to match that. 300mV is outside of that.