[chbot] Borrow Video8 player for transcoding

Michael, eDIY Software mike at ediy.co.nz
Tue Feb 21 05:04:38 GMT 2023

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for checking and responding to my message, the "powers up" part sounds promising because the two camcorders I've tried both fail badly in that department (The LCD powers up on both, but buttons do nothing and no motor movement whatsoever).

I've got the other bits for doing the analogue to digital conversion so I'd prefer to try playing the tapes in a borrowed unit rather than going to a shop who'll probably want a couple hundred dollars for doing it. If you're willing to lend it to me for a few days, I'd be happy to get you a nice bottle of port or some other beverage(s) of your choice?

I can come and pick it up and drop back off to you, once it's setup it shouldn't take very long as I don't think the tapes are full.

Please let me know if that suits.

Thank you,
Mike