[chbot] International shipping cyber-attack

Tokala tokalanz at protonmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:51:48 GMT 2023

Lockbit, like a lot of other ransomware groups also copies the data before encrypting it. This is an extra lever to get you to pay. If you don't pay they start to leak parts your data.

With a target like UK Mail, this could be the names, addresses, phone numbers and login details of millions of people. That is a very valuable thing.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
I don't believe it would only affect the printers as most systems interconnect. Usually the ransomware payload is delivered by email so it would initially hit desktops and spiders from there.

Sent from Proton Mail mobile