[chbot] May need help welding turbo water cooling feed pipe

Mark Beckett m.beckett at amuri.net
Thu Feb 2 14:35:28 GMT 2023

Robin
Rockauto doesn't seem to hold these, which is not unusual as they seem
to deal with more fast moving parts.
The US market had the high pressure turbo (according to the internet) so
their parts will be different.

However there are some 'upgrades' to replace the steel lines
https://arashidynamics.com/collections/saab-turbo-part-oil-water-line-kit
https://www.shop.mambatek.com/Turbo-Oil-Water-Line-For-SAAB-9-3-9-5-Garrett-GT1752-B205-B235-018-0056.htm

I've had a similar issue on my Grand Vitara and replaced it with a new
steel pipe ( smaller diameter ).

/I took the brackets off and brazed them onto the new one./

I suspect that the local turbo places here can also provide something
similar and making a steel line should be easy enough as it's only water.
Failing that replacing it with heater hose and the appropriate fitting
should work. A bit of heat shield or similar near the turbo will keep it
from failing due to heat.

Mark