[chbot] Heavy cable, terminations & crimp tool to replace golf cart cable

Robin Gilks gb7ipd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 02:05:27 GMT 2023

Title says it all really - looking for 200amp cable, about 10m of it
(between batteries & battery -> controller -> reversing switch).

Golf carts are very much designed for intermittent operation (working up
the fairway) rather than kms with a weed sprayer or pulling a grass sweeper
so the reversing switch needs replacing (gets too hot to touch) and some of
the cables get very soft and flabby with heat.

Switch is $250-$300 so looking to not spend too much on cables (but not
rubbish AliExpress aluminium wire that has a copper coating!!). The main
part of the exercise is quality!

Ideas on where to get the parts at a reasonable price and if anyone has a
big crimp tool I could borrow that would be great (I used to get one from
Taits but I doubt they have that sort of kit now)

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks
marathon golf cart switch