[chbot] PDF editor

Volker Kuhlmann list57 at top.geek.nz
Sat Nov 19 05:10:28 GMT 2022

> If you are on Linux there are lots of free option
> https://snapcraft.io/search?q=pdf

Not so. Lots, and free, yes, but not for what's been asked.
E.g. okular is a viewer, it also adds some annotations; no cropping.
pdftk splits and recombines/rotates pages, no cropping; many similar
ones. I.e. they either add some lines or text, or deal with whole pages,
but don't change page content.

The best bet without spending money might be libreoffice or scribus.

I've seen a PDF editor list recently but didn't save it, most of the
"editors" listed stopped at rotating or re-arranging pages. It was
something like this

https://itsfoss.com/pdf-editors-linux/

If it is creating PDFs from web pages then firefox is pretty so so, and
the best option is Print Edit WE; at least you can remove the crap
before saving.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/print-edit-we/