[chbot] Gridfinity

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Tue May 17 04:56:02 BST 2022

Here is the link to the 3D-printed workshop storage system I mentioned last
night:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ra_9zU-mnl8

The host, Zack Freedman, talks a mile-a-minute, but the idea is sound, and
I think it will work for me.

There are links in the description to the source files (Fusion 360 and STL)
at thangs.com

You can print most of the items by simply downloading the STL, slicing, and
printing. No supports are needed. I found, however, that a thin layer of
Pritt stick (or similar) was necessary to make the prints stick well on my
printer bed, otherwise the corners peeled up.

I needed a 4-unit high storage box which is not present in the available
model files, so I imported the STL for a 6-unit high box into OpenSCAD,
sliced it up into bits, and reassembled them into a new model.

Best wishes,

Andrew

PS Jaycar has a new store in Papanui. I meant to mention that last night
too. They sell filament! It's a little pricey, but I can get it on a Sunday
afternoon.