[chbot] BMS - How they work?

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 02:59:41 GMT 2022

Have a hunt around on youtube.

Basically, the BMS's main jobs are:
* cell protection (over current, over/under voltage). This is achieved by
turning series FETs off to protect the cells from damage.
* cell balancing for series cells. If you're trying to charge a string of
cells then some will get to max voltage before the others. The BMS prevents
those cells from overcharging by providing a bypass path.

Various BMSs have various features (including monitoring etc).