[chbot] Fibre optic scraps? / synthetic ulexite?

andrew dean nzandydean at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 05:29:54 GMT 2022

I’ve been obsessed with ulexite for years and was curious if I could make a high quality synthetic by using epoxy resin to glue a bunch of fibre optic pieces together that I could cut/turn/mill into a solid that would (ideally) have the weird quality of making an image appear on the top of it.

1. You reckon it would work?
2. Would gluing fibre optic strands together ruin their optical isolation?
3. Know anybody with some scrap optical wire or a super cheap source for fibre optic scraps/b-grade stuff I could play with?

Cheers!
-Andrew
(No, the other one)
(Not that one either)
(Ok, fine... <sigh> the fat American one… yeah, that one.)