[chbot] Ali channel/box offcuts

Robin Gilks gb7ipd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 23:11:09 GMT 2021

Greetings all

I'm on the scrounge for some aluminium box or channel of about 50x80mm
with about 3-5mm wall. This is to make some 'U' shaped brackets for the
roof windows on my refurbished tunnel house (greenhouse) to allow me to
attach an opening mechanism to lift the window when it gets too hot. The
brackets need to attach to the window and then go up & over the frame,
hence the shape!

I'll need 8 brackets so 500mm of stock would be ample and aluminium is
preferred for weight & rust proving.

Anyone got something like this about or does anyone know somewhere in the
iZone (Rolleston) that uses this sort of material?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks