[chbot] Web Hosting

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Mon May 24 11:36:04 BST 2021

I had precisely the same problem. My workaround was to have a PHP web
page which I could POST to, which would take the contents of the POST
and store it in the database.

In other words, the database and the web server are both 'inside' the
ISP network and can talk to each other. The webserver has an
'outwards' facing connection, but the database does not. But, the
webserver can talk to the database, and you can therefore do all
database operations at arms-length via the webserver.

If Delphi can call a URL then that might be sufficient. If it can't,
maybe it can call cURL (which will call a URL).

I'd love to know if there was a better solution, but what I have works.

Andrew