[chbot] TV aerial fitter

Helmut Walle helmut.walle at gmail.com
Mon May 3 10:00:11 BST 2021

All sounds like good advice, Trevor.

I would add to that: if an amplifier is already part of the installation check that it hasn't
yet burned out or expired in some other way... from experience, that does happen a lot,
particularly when under-spec'd amplifiers are installed for misguided cost sensitivity, forcing
that the amplifier then is set to maximum output. A broken amplifier often doesn't disrupt the
signal, but it may just stop amplifying it. You may still see plenty enough under good
conditions, but as the amplifier won't amplify any longer, it does make a big difference under
less than great conditions as described below.

Kind regards,

Helmut.