[chbot] VFD with Chocolate fish.

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jun 30 12:02:22 BST 2021

I would guess that a wire is missing between the third un-attached
rectifier input and neutral. Stick a fuse in this circuit if you plan to
add a wire.

Voltage rating of caps are fine for this application. Lack of power
factor management is very poor, possibly illegal.

I suspect the specs mean 220V RMS in and 300V DC bus.

Briefly, 220 VAC RMS can be rectified to 308 VDC. 308 VDC can then be
used to synthesise one/several/many 220VAC RMS different phase sine wave
outputs.

-Mark