[chbot] Help track down a processor - the double chox fish challenge

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 08:24:20 BST 2021

Yup you'd need huge volumes to make 3c micros work. It might have been less
costly to convince the customer to bin those parts and start again with
something else :-).

At 10k volumes there are quite a few sub-$ STM32s and more from other
vendors. You then have a proper development/debugger set up, proper C,
proper everything.

It stuns me when I see people designing in a PIC16xxx to "save money" or
"reduce power" in a system with a 20k unit lifetime  when there are so many
easier to use options out there that can provide a better result faster.

Now that China has latched on to RISCV in a big mway maybe we'll see a
whole lot of 10 cent RISCV chips in the next few years.