[chbot] Playing with a Pi 400.

Richard Jones richardandjanenz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 01:33:11 GMT 2021

I use RPi 4 with dual monitors as my main desktop machine daily. I use a
Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB, bought from PBtech just about as soon as
RPi4 came out. The  was possibly not the cheapest solution but hardware
wise its plug and play and readily available. I reckoned that if I ever
needed more space then SSD's would have reduced in price. Creating and
enabling a swap partition prevents the pi locking up when Firefox or
Chromium have too many active tabs. The SSD is just used as my home drive
as USB booting from SSD arrived after I had my setup all working. Let me
know if you would like some measurements done.

Looking at the PBTech web site it looks as though the T5 has been replaced
by T7.

I moved to Pi after blowing up my laptop motherboard using a new chinese
usb supply on a usb connected arduino nano. The supply was well designed
but was manufactured with a sticky foam pad bridging the safety barrier.
Consequently I bought a new laptop motherboard, rpi, and a HV insulation
tester! If I'm ever daft enough to repeat the mistake I'm hoping to just
replace the Pi.

HTH

Richard Jones