[chbot] SD Copier

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 01:03:18 BST 2021

The only way I can see to make a faithful copy of an SD card is to do a
full byte-for-byte copy.

Any tool that only copies part of the data must make some assumptions - for
example the assumption that a partitioned labelled ext2 is actually
formatted ext2 and can be copied as ext2 files.

If, for example you have a partition that is mislabelled then a "clever"
tool is likely to get it wrong.