[chbot] Chchrobotics Digest, Vol 157, Issue 11

Helmut Walle helmut.walle at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 09:12:31 BST 2020

A word of caution regarding that reference: the use case here, I believe, was about items that
have just been produced and do or do not meet the factory's specification limits, i.e., items
that fail a production test.

However, that reference below is about product reliability, where the scenario is that a number
of units are operating, and that there will be age-related failures within that operational
asset base over time. In both cases statistical methods are used, but for different reasons, and
the mathematics are not the same.

Kind regards,

Helmut.

[...]