[chbot] Wanting real data - How best to mount sensors outside in the elements?

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Fri May 29 10:14:10 BST 2020

Not my idea. But I really, think it would be awesome if Phones had infrared LED’s flood light (you know like the touch) so you could look around in the dark with a phone. Maybe have an app filter which makes the screen red, maybe it would preserve your night vision?

Seems like all manufactures to date have overlooked how this may work. Perhaps they tested it and it is not as good as I think it would be. Maybe there needs to be a mechanical component. But surely with manufactures including so many cameras, one more camera is not going to add lots more weight. As such, you could have a dedicated IR sensitive camera.

Also, have any of you seen those studio cameras which can basically see in the dark and record / stream video. I think it was a canon that I saw that had some ridiculous ISO.