[chbot] Wanting real data - How best to mount sensors outside in the elements?

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Thu May 28 10:46:55 BST 2020

It really depends on what kind of sensor you are using, but since you
mentioned temperature here's one example:
https://weather.northcott.co.nz/index.php/temperature

(Plenty of other practical weather sensors on his site too).

I did pretty much the same thing, but with four or five upturned
plastic dishes. This is a classic solar radiation shield and can be
left in full sun. Mine was in the garden, about a metre from the
house, not sheltered, for about three years. The sensor itself was a
DS18B20 with heatshrink protecting the leads, tucked inside the core.

Other sensors need different protection and location considerations,
so you'd have to say what it is you are trying to measure.

Regards,

Andrew