[chbot] Skunkworks ventilators in NZ?

ceo at andygardner.com ceo at andygardner.com
Mon Mar 30 02:56:38 BST 2020

ventilators-nz at groups.io

Can everyone who's on-board with this project please sign up there and we'll get this shit moving. Mark, can you be a moderator please, and get your guy on there ASAP?

There's features on groups.io that we can use- wiki, database. Volunteers please to get those up and running.

> I think it is worth running a Plan B even if some Plan A works out too. I'd rather see two projects even if this does not end up being selected.

Yep.

Every incubator built has the opportunity to save at least 1 life. That's not to be sneezed at. (Groan)

> I am trying to pull in a guy who is incredibly good as an "ar$e-kicker" and generally a get -it -moving sort of guy who is excellent at steamrolling through red tape etc and grabbing the contacts/resources needed to make things work. He's a VP of an international conglomerate but lives in Chch. I have worked with him on and off for 20+ years. Heaps of patents, but he's a manager - not an engineer, fundamentally a guy who can get action. I am hoping to point him towards the governmen and ask him to dig up details, find the contacts, score resources, find a doctor with a few hours to spare, & whatever.

Get him on the list. I have someone in mind that is great at elbow twisting to get resources at short notice.

> For this to have value we need aggressive timescales and goals.
> We beg/borrow shamelessly. I don't care where ideas come from. No advocacy.
>
> I think it must be easy to manufacture etc.
> Easy to use parts (eg. PC power supples) and easy to substitute (eg no PC power supply? use something else).
> Simple manufacturing processes prefered.
> Easy to use, train, whatever...
> This is real - not just a science fair project that can half-work.

Let's DO this!