[chbot] Skunkworks ventilators in NZ?

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 02:13:05 BST 2020

Great stuff Andy

What this needs is action rather than navel gazing (which unfortunately too
many of us are good at).

I don't think we need is website to start, but it would not hurt to getone
going. A Google Drive etc is fine for now.

I think it is worth running a Plan B even if some Plan A works out too. I'd
rather see two projects even if this does not end up being selected.

I am trying to pull in a guy who is incredibly good as an "ar$e-kicker" and
generally a get -it -moving sort of guy who is excellent at steamrolling
through red tape etc and grabbing the contacts/resources needed to make
things work. He's a VP of an international conglomerate but lives in Chch.
I have worked with him on and off for 20+ years. Heaps of patents, but he's
a manager - not an engineer, fundamentally a guy who can get action. I am
hoping to point him towards the governmen and ask him to dig up details,
find the contacts, score resources, find a doctor with a few hours to
spare, & whatever.

For this to have value we need aggressive timescales and goals.
We beg/borrow shamelessly. I don't care where ideas come from. No advocacy.

I think it must be easy to manufacture etc.
Easy to use parts (eg. PC power supples) and easy to substitute (eg no PC
power supply? use something else).
Simple manufacturing processes prefered.
Easy to use, train, whatever...
This is real - not just a science fair project that can half-work.