[chbot] Robotics Group meeting, Monday 15 June 2020, 6:30pm, 5 Idris Road

Brindsley Archer brindsley.archer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 21:40:59 BST 2020

To those who were interested in the Creality Ender 3 3D Printer, I decided
to buy this on the advise of Geoff Irons' post of 23 March 2020:
"Because of NZ's poor exchange rate at the moment, for that price you can
buy one locally - and a known/popular brand in the hobbyist sector:
https://kiwi3d.co.nz/product/ender-3-pro/
The aliexpress one has a few more features (power off behaviour,
autoleveling), but ender-3-pro is ranked as the best 3d printer in it's
price bracket at the moment (
https://all3dp.com/1/best-3d-printer-reviews-top-3d-printers-home-3-d-printer-3d/),
is one of the suggested ones to most people on the 3d printing reddit: (
https://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/comments/fbpnri/purchase_advice_megathread_what_to_buy_who_to_buy/),
and has a whole community with knowledge about it if you have issues (plus
the local support). "

As a complete beginner, I found it easy to set up and get my first design
printed using Tinker CAD and the supplied slicer program with default
settings.