[chbot] Where to go for quick turn PCBs?

Stephen Irons stephen at irons.nz
Thu Jul 30 06:45:18 BST 2020

I have always used PCBWay

US$30 for 24-hour fabrication, US$120 for 12-hour
US$18 for DHL 3--7 day delivery

This includes white silkscreen and green solder mask. Any variation
(including no silkscreen or no soldermask) either costs more or takes
longer or both, because they are non-standard and I assume they wait
for enough orders to make up a full-size sheet.

I have just ordered some 1 mm thick PCBs; small size, small quantity,
and still 24-hour fabrication. It seems that PCB thickness is not one
of the parameters that makes for longer turnaround.

Their online quoting tool is quite good - www.pcbway.com, and it now
shows you the PCB after you upload the Gerbers.

Always been happy with their PCBs. Their 24-hour turnaround took about
36 hours last time (Covid19) and DHL delivery took slightly longer, but
I had them in about 10 days.

Always been happy with their SMD assembly too, though that usually
takes 2--3 weeks.

I will have to try JLCPCB sometime.

Stephen Irons