[chbot] 3D printer of choice for 2020

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Wed Feb 26 03:06:48 GMT 2020

I've found myself browsing for a 3D printer again but a lot of the
information on the 'net is spread over several years so its tricky to work
out what is a good deal.

I'm looking for an absolute minimum of 200x200x200 print size, I'd like a
choice of materials (but I don't really know what the choices might be)
and if in kit form then not requiring a 3D printer to make some of the
parts (chicken & egg assembly).

My budget lies firmly in the 3 figure range but I'd go to the upper limit
of that for something decent that will last a while.

I'll also be looking for Linux modeling s/w that doesn't require a PHD in
topology.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks