[chbot] chemical milling

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 22:01:10 GMT 2020

Hi Mark,

I don't have experience of that technique, but it mentioned a lot as a way
to etch PCBs.

Clean board
Spray paint
Ablate PCB pattern with laser
Etch
Clean off paint

Obviously you are doing the same thing, but without the FR4 substrate.

Apparently copper is highly reflective, so it makes laser cutting more
dangerous as more stray reflections occur. Do not stare at the laser with
remaining eye.

Andrew

PS I have etched PCBs with hydrogen peroxide and vinegar. You also have to
add a bit of salt. Don't put it on your chips though.