[chbot] UV curable glue

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 22:57:36 BST 2020

Hello,

Yes, I have experience with this stuff, There are lot of different types and qualities for different materials.

You can order from local suppliers or from overseas. I would suggest that the best idea is to try it out. I have on hand some very low end very thin stuff. There are different viscosities available depending on what you are working on.

I only have very low output UV lamp. The nice thing is that you are somewhat in control of the curing process and that it gets harder when outside.

The lower end stuff works best on materials which are transparent.

Good super glue is similar strength to the lower end stuff. But with the UV glue building layers is interesting.

I wonder if a 3D printer could build something using this stuff?

Let me know if you are after something cheap or something higher end.

There is a company in Christchurh who distributes an American brand. I can put you in touch with them as required. If you want to try the lower end stuff I have on hand after the lock down I can accommodate you.

Also, talking about 3D printing… Anyone have experience with TPU printing or is anyone willing to mess the print head trying to print something from TPU? This stuff is quite amazing but I am not looking to get into 3D printing right now. One of my colleagues is right into it but only has experience with design and printing of PLA.

Thanks.
Henri