[chbot] ShieldsUpNZ on Slack

Bevin Brett bevin_brett at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 3 22:50:38 BST 2020

Welcome to Slack

@Andrew D. [Community lead]<https://shieldsupnz.slack.com/team/U010RPF4CMC> left you a welcome note:

[https://ca.slack-edge.com/T010PM5A6CC-U010RPF4CMC-98b562b56718-72]
Hello and welcome to ShieldsUp!This Slack workspace serves to organize and mobilize volunteers to make PPE for protecting our front line community based healthcare workers.Most of your immediate questions can be answered in our WIKI, please check there before asking questions
http://wiki.shieldsup.org.nz/index.php?title=Main_Page<https://slack-redir.net/link?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.shieldsup.org.nz%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DMain_Page>
While you are there please make sure you read and agree with the code of conduct.Quick summary: there are lots of channels, subscribe to those that are of interest.
#_announcements<https://shieldsupnz.slack.com/archives/C010PRR7PNZ> is something to keep an eye on. Late breaking news
#_sos_urgent<https://shieldsupnz.slack.com/archives/C010RTMA05D> is for rare everybody stop and look announcements
Feel free to leave any that are no longer of interest (except for the #_announcements<https://shieldsupnz.slack.com/archives/C010PRR7PNZ> and #_sos_urgent<https://shieldsupnz.slack.com/archives/C010RTMA05D>)
#random<https://shieldsupnz.slack.com/archives/C010PRR7SJZ> is for general questions, comment, banter etc. it is very chatty and totally optional.
if you are making parts check out your local info in #logistics_<your region>
If you are into the communications side of things there are many targeted channels starting with #Comms_
if you are not sure where something goes ask in #random<https://shieldsupnz.slack.com/archives/C010PRR7SJZ>
if you have any slack related questions you can ask the slack AI named 'slackbot' if you can't find the answer feel free to ask.PLEASE REMEMBER: This is entirely a volunteer based group, There is no room for rudeness. People may take time to get back to you as we all have other pressing needs. We are all under pressure, so please avoid sharing distressing stories or holding non-technical debates that may trigger others. Be kind.THANK YOU, join in, you are very welcome here.