[chbot] J-link under platformio for LPC1768

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Nov 27 07:17:40 GMT 2019

www.google.com/search?q=j-link+could+not+find+core+in+coresight+setup&oq=Could+not+find+core+in+Coresight+setup
<https://www.google.com/search?q=j-link+could+not+find+core+in+coresight+setup&oq=Could+not+find+core+in+Coresight+setup>
-- appears to be quite a popular failure.

it sounds like the programming chain chain is something like Visual
Studio -> platformio -> SEGGER (driver) -> J-link -> LPC1768

Are there any CLI tools that allow you to break this chain, firstly to
confirm that you can talk to J-link, then you should be able to find
device ID for the LPC1768 (RAM, FLASH size).

Maybe
https://www.segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/tools/j-link-commander/
or similar

Aarg, just found https://www.segger.com/downloads/jlink/UM08001 462 page
manual just for a programmer ?? ! -- Just spotted it includes debugger
setup...

Dunno if any of that is of any use.

-Mark