[chbot] Robotics Group meeting, Monday 18 Nov 2019, 630pm, 5 Idris Road

Col colp42 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 07:05:03 GMT 2019

> Colin brought in his home-made TXT based temperature and humidity
> monitoring system. Appreciate a list of software-tools you used for
> this project please Col.

OK

The txt sending and receivingĀ  was done using Tasker

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en

TheĀ  terminal program on the phone was called Termux

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux&hl=en

For tasker to execute scripts in the terminal you need a tasker plugin
called Termux:Task

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux.tasker&hl=en

To communicate between the phone and raspberry pi you need openssh

ie: run "apt install openssh" in the termux terminal program.

you will need ssh key-based authentication setup between the two of them.

The script running in Termux signals back to tasker using the "am" command,

I think this comes with the Termux app. I used this website as inspiration

https://glow.li/technology/2016/4/03/pass-variables-from-termux-to-tasker/

( note the spelling of dinglisch seems to have changed )

It's coming back to me now, you can only seem to pass an integer back as
a variable

which is why I was storing my results in a file and then reading the
file with tasker.

Cheers

Colin