[chbot] Scrounging for big switch mode PSUs - clarifications

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Mar 8 03:29:23 GMT 2019

Wonder what the lowest cost new SMPSU you can buy that has a credible
specified MTBF ?

Also, ask Alan at Echotech, he hoards such things, although 48V really
is heading towards a telco product.

I think you can go down to 100V, so how about 2 x 48V, 30A units goosed
up to 56V in series, just less stuff to wire up.

Recommend you clean out any used units with compressed air and replace
the fans - a cool PSU is a happy PSU.

Electro's also don't like the heat, so maybe budget for replacing them (?)

You know what you are doing Mr. Power !

-Mark