[chbot] On the scrounge for an esp8266 board

Dave Bracken dave.bracken at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 21:38:30 GMT 2019

Rob,
Yes, completely agreed about the issues of incompatible libraries.
I also use the Arduino IDE to code for the NodeMCU and I *think* it was
yourself who in an earlier post said you prefer them over the Arduino
(apologies if I got that wrong), ditto for me.  I went to the dark side a
long time ago and other than Python on Pi's, I code using Windows.  I don't
do anywhere near as much coding as I used to and so I've been fortunate in
not hitting roadblocks for a very long time.

I'm sure we can help Andy create a solution using the Arduino IDE.

Dave