[chbot] Recommendation - replacement soldering station

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Mon Feb 11 19:41:45 GMT 2019

> Hi all,
>
> My 'old' Weller WTCPN series soldering station is finally showing symptoms
> of age.
>
> I'm looking for recommendations on what to replace it with.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andrew

I bought a Kada rework station 3 years ago - no longer available but I was
advised to get one where the hot air pump was in the main unit and not
just a small fan in the hand piece.

Closest I can see now is
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/QUICK-706W-Digital-Display-Hot-Air-Gun-Electric-Soldering-Iron-Anti-static-Temperature-Lead-free-2/32852197932.html

(note the thick pipe going to the hot air gun). You'll probably want to
shop about for better freight costs than that one though!!

--
Robin Gilks